Message from the Coordinators
We are glad to present you the first newsletter of the e-LIVES project!
The e-LIVES (e-Learning InnoVative Engineering Solutions) project is funded by the Erasmus+ European program (within the Capacity Building in Higher Education action) for a duration of 3 years (2017-2020) under the coordination of the Université de Limoges (FR).
It aims to develop innovative solutions in e-learning for e-engineering as part of the modernization of the Southern Mediterranean countries training program (Algeria, Jordan, Morocco, and Tunisia). As a matter of fact, the number of students accessing the higher education system in South Mediterranean countries has more than doubled in 15 years. However, this positive step forward involves in parallel important difficulties for universities to handle this increase in the number of students. In STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), one promising solution concerns the development of nationally accredited e-learning training (“e-engineering training”), as e-learning is a modern and efficient solution to integrate multiple profiles of students.
At the end of the project, the beneficiary partners will be 100% independent for creating and managing an e-engineering training, thanks to innovative e-engineering solutions, and to deal with a range of administrative, human and material obstacles to HEIs modernization.
The e-Lives project pursues the 5 following specific objectives:
- Identification of best practices in order to build high-quality e-engineering training;
- Development of reliable remote laboratory solutions with online access to Practical Works 24/24 and 7/7;
- Development of practical open staff training in South Mediterranean universities;
- Control and value the pedagogical innovation solutions used;
- Promote e-engineering within the South Mediterranean countries mainly through National Dissemination Workshops in all the partner countries involved in the project.
This project coordinated by the Université de Limoges is gathering 13 university partners, 1 industrial partners and 1 associated partner:
- 4 European universities: Université de Limoges (FR), Instituto Politecnico do Porto (PT), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (BE), Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia (SP);
- 9 universities from the partners countries: Université Cadi Ayyad (MO), Université Abdelmalek Essaadi (MO), Université Virtuelle de Tunis (TS), University of Kairouan (TS), Université de Mostaganem (AG), Université du 8 Mai 1945 Guelma (AG), Université Badji Mokhtar de Annaba (AG), Princess Sumaya University for Technology (JO), Tafila Technical University (JO);
- 1 company : LabsLand Experimentia SL (SP);
- 1 association: International Association of Online Engineering (as an Associated partner).
The implementation of the project activities has been officially launched during the Kick-off meeting held in December 2017 (18th-20th) in Limoges (FR) gathering more than 50 e-LIVES members. These 3 meeting days allowed to present all the partner organisations, as well as its aims and expectations, and to organise the project. Work-sessions were dedicated to the effective implementation of the project’s activities. The active participation and discussions among the partners in each working session allowed to prepare the activities to be carried out during the first months of the project until the 1st General Assembly which will be held during the last semester of 2018 in Tétouan (MO).
Claire Dalmay and Guillaume Andrieu
Coordinators of the e-LIVES project